Friday, July 20

First steps!

Tonight, Ava took her first real steps all on her own!
She has taken a couple steps here and there, but never anything like this.
We weren't even paying attention at first, and when we looked up there she went!
As Kaitlyn pointed out...she learned to walk 4 days too late to ride all the kiddie rides at Busch Gardens,
since you have to be able to take 3 steps to ride those rides. (haha)
Ava was definitely holding out, waiting to start walking for when she was with her Daddy.

Check out some of her first steps we caught on camera. 
I love that she doesn't bend her knees when she walks.
Since then, she's been cruising all over the apartment all night.
Walking, falling, getting up and walking again.
Does this mean I officially have a toddler?
I'm going to say no, for now...still my baby. haha

So proud of our little baby!

I found this in my baby book written by my mom:
Ashley at 9 Months - Memorable first accomplishments: On September 28th, you began walking all by yourself! Tonight Grandma and Grandpa came over and you walked right across the room to them!

Is it weird that I think it's cute that we both learned to walk at 9 months? haha

Anyway, I have a LOT of blogging to catch up on from our wonderful trip to Virginia. Hopefully I will get to that soon!

2 comments:

Jenni Rollins said...

So fun! And definitely not weird - I really wanted my little girl to start walking by 9 months because I did, but it didn't happen (which I'm okay with =)). And I finally had to admit I have a toddler, but I still consider her my baby.

Sarah Peterson said...

WOW!! What a big girl! Walking at only 9 months. That's so great! I love the video. Miss you guys!

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)