Tuesday, September 2

First day of preschool for Ava

IMG_3344

Today was Ava's first day of preschool. We are actually just doing a "joy school" of sorts - a co op preschool with 3 other girls in my ward, so 4 kids total. We made up a curriculum and switch off every 2 weeks (and with 6 weeks off in between teaching). Ava will go to school Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-11:30.

IMG_3353

Ava has been so excited to start preschool, telling any and everyone about her new "kitty cat backpack," and her pink lunchbox and her Elsa and Ana mat to sit on. She told me very specifically she wanted a PB&J, pretzels, grapes and a cookie in her lunch. 

photo 1
photo 2 copy

When I dropped her off this morning, she bawled as I was leaving. I was shocked because she has never cried when I have left her anywhere before. I felt so bad for my friend, who was teaching today. But I left and told her to call me if Ava continued to cry much longer. When I went to pick her up, she was nothing but smiles and I was told she only cried for about a minute and half and was "very, very obedient" the whole time (something we've been working on! haha). She recounted all the fun things they did. "We had a wessin (lesson), we werned (learned) the ABCs, we colored a picture, we sang songs and we had wunch (lunch)." She grabbed my hand as we were leaving and said, "Wet's (Let's) go mom, wet's go see our Gavin boy." 

In the meantime, I get some much needed one-on-one time with Gavin, who doesn't mind one bit receiving my undivided attention for a couple hours.  

photo 2

I love these sweet kiddos and can't believe how fast they are growing up. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)