Tuesday, February 19

Pregnancy update {37 weeks}


35 weeks
36 weeks
My wonderful baby shower a friend threw for me. Thank you to everyone who came!
Tah-DAH! I have reached that magical "37 weeks" when apparently the baby could "come at any time." (Not a chance, by the way - not my babies haha). To be completely honest, even though I am ready to be done being pregnant, I am not ready for this little guy to arrive just yet. I have things to do, people to see, places to go and a lot to get done to prepare for his arrival. If I had it my way, he would arrive March 12, right after my mother-in-law arrives. Then, we will be nice and ready. :) I haven't even thought about packing my hospital bags, haven't picked a name, haven't done one single load of baby boy laundry, haven't even bought diapers for his teeny tiny newborn bum.

I can't believe I am here again...ready to welcome my 2nd child into this world. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was counting down the days and hours until Ava's due date (probably because that wasn't very long ago after all haha). I am so curious to see how Ava will be as a big sister. I am curious to see what he looks like - will he look like Ava or will he look completely different? I am very curious to see how I handle it all - I feel incredibly inadequate and a tiny bit terrified that I just won't be "good" at being a mom of two. Ava still needs so much of my attention, how do I possibly divide my attention evenly? I think back to the thoughts and worries I had before Ava was born - I had no idea how to take care of a newborn...but I did it, and more importantly I LOVED every single minute of Ava's "newborn-ness." I'm hoping having two is something like that...that I will just somehow know what to do, know what they need, and then know how to ask for help when I'm lost and overwhelmed. I am beyond blessed that I have a VERY involved and hands-on dad in Bryson. He is the most wonderful father; I really couldn't ask for anything more when it comes to Bryson being a dad.

How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +15 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes and no - I still fit into all my pants, but I wear maternity pants sometimes.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Completely uncomfortable no matter what position. And I have to use the bathroom 500 times a night.
Best moment this week: Moving to our new house - he has his very own room now. Putting all his little clothes into his dresser.
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Movement: Feel him moving ALL of the time! Very active! 
Food cravings: Nothing in particular. I just eat a LOT - I am a bottomless pit these days! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show yet: Um yes
Gender prediction: It's a boy!
Labor Signs: Not sure (feeling A LOT of Braxton Hicks contractions - more intense and painful than I ever had with Ava, but that could be nothing.)
Belly Button in or out? In, but completely flat 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, Bryson might tell you moody though haha
Weekly Wisdom: 
Milestones coming this week: Congratulations! You've got what is officially considered a full-term baby, even with three weeks to go. That doesn't mean he's finished growing — in fact, he's still packing on about a half pound a week (at this age, the average fetus weighs about 6.5 pounds). That makes it a little crowded in your uterus, so he’s probably not kicking as much, though he’s probably stretching, rolling a bit, and wiggling (all of which you’ll be able to feel!). Right now, your little superstar is busy rehearsing for his big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking his thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side.

Well little guy, as much as I say I'm not quite ready, whenever you do decide to come, we are ready for you. I already love you SO much it hurts and I can't wait to kiss your sweet little cheeks all the way down to your itty bitty toes.

1 comment:

Once Upon an Equine said...

You will do great with two because you are wonderful and loving mom.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)