Monday, October 7

Gavin {7 months}

IMG_9349

Dear Gavin,

Today you turned 7 months old! It's hard to believe you are closer to being ONE than you are to being a newborn! This month I really saw a big change in you - you have really become so BUSY! Gone are the days when I called you my "mellow boy." You are now wanting to wrap those tiny, chubby little fingers of yours on everything in your line of sight. And WIGGLY - you are incredibly squirmy these days, constantly trying to wriggle your way off my lap, off the couch, across the room, and anywhere else your little body will take you.

You are "almost" completely mobile. Not crawling yet, but ALMOST. You still roll, roll, roll from one side of the room to the other, but now you've added a whole new element some people like to call the "army crawl." But, your loving parents think it looks more like a "zombie crawl," as your drag your lifeless legs behind you, twisting your little body as you slowly inch your way forward. Whatever you'd like to call it, it actually does a pretty decent job of getting you from point A to point B in a fairly short amount of time. I KNOW the second you do start crawling, however, I'm in big, big trouble. I can tell you will be into E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. :) 

IMG_9308
This month, your very first tooth popped through (6 months, 3 days) after a very long battle we call "teething." Let me just say, you do not handle teething very gracefully. Which, of course, is okay - I still love you, you know. But there were some very, very sleepless nights in our household until that little sucker finally made it's bright, white, jaggedy appearance. Now you have one tiny little tooth, with another one on the way (just visible below the gum line) and truly there is nothing cuter than one, sole, lonely tooth in a big, gummy smile.  

Once your tooth eventually popped through, I decided those sleepless nights had to stop (we are talking waking up every 2 hours, all night long mister). So we decided to give sleep training a go...again. And this time it seems to have worked and to be sticking. At night, we put you down in your crib between 7:30 and 8pm WIDE AWAKE. After a couple nights of crying yourself to sleep, you now happily sing yourself to sleep and sleep all night long (usually you wake up once between 5 and 6am to eat and go back to sleep until around 7:30 when you are up for the day). Same with naps. I put you down when I know you are tired, in your crib wide awake...and you simply roll over, close your eyes and fall asleep. You can imagine the look of bewilderment on my face watching you simply go to sleep on your own, and STAY asleep no less. I feel like a whole new woman! (And as much as I loved you before, it makes me love you even a tiny bit more for giving me some much-needed sleep).
IMG_9304ccrop

You are now eating solid food once or twice a day. You like peaches, apples, sweet potatoes, oatmeal cereal, bananas, carrots, and well, pretty much anything else we give you. You've also tried tiny bits of black beans, avocado and banana from Mommy's plate (which is what your doctor recommended). I love the process of getting you ready to eat - the second you see your bib, your spoon, and a jar of baby food, you go nuts, twirling your ankles and wrists (that's what you do when you get excited), panting like a dog until finally, FINALLY that sweet, yummy goodness enters your mouth. 


Untitled-1

Gavin, you are just my sweet, lovable, handsome son. I have loved getting to know your little personality, your likes and dislikes, what makes you happy and what makes you sad. I've learned that although, you are mostly quiet and you watch and observe your big sister all day long, when you get in a talkative mood, there is no stopping that endless chatter. I love listening to you squeal in absolute glee and babble on and on about who knows what. I've learned that you love your Daddy and get so excited every time you see him, that you are super ticklish, especially on your feet, and that you LOVE to take a bath and could sit in the bathtub for hours, splashing and playing with your bath toys. You are SO good and SO perfect for our family. We are incredibly blessed to have you in our lives, you do nothing but truly make each of our lives better and happier. Thank you for letting me be your Momma (although, fortunately for me, you have no actual say in that matter). :) 

I love you SOooOO much!

Love, 
Your Momma :)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)