Sunday, September 29

Happy Birthday Ava! {The Big T-W-O}

Dear Ava,

Today you turned two. TWO.
I hope today all your little two-year old dreams come true,
I know my dreams came true when I had you.

Untitled-1

These last two years have truly been better than I could have expected.
I know I've said it before (and I'm sure I'll say it again)...
If someone told me I could handpick all the qualities in my daughter-to-be...
I really would have picked you -
 - every tiny little thing about you.
I love your bright, cheerful way of looking at life,
your outgoing, completely "un-shy," life-of-the-party personality.
I am amazed every single day by how smart you really are,
how funny and witty you can be,
how much joy you find in even the tiniest of things.
I love your sparkling, chocolate brown eyes,
those big juicy lips
and your darling, squeaky voice.
I love watching those little wheels turning in your head as you figure out this big world around you...
...and so quickly.

Untitled-2

Other things about you:
  • You know all the letters of the alphabet, and you sing the ABC song very well. You recognize all letters and recall the letter names. 
  • You count to 10 perfectly. You can also count backwards from 5.  
  • You know all your basic colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, white, pink) and are constantly pointing out colors everywhere we go. Your favorite color is purple, it seems.
  • You know that on a stoplight, red means STOP and green means GO. You wait for the green light every time and then shout, "GREEN! GO!"
  • You know several shapes: circle, oval, rectangle, star, heart
  • You love to dance! You are especially obsessed with ballet and ballerinas lately.
  • You love to take pictures and say cheese. You say, "Pose, Momma?" and put your hand on your hip to pose. 
  • You are forming 3-4 word sentences and are learning new words every single day. You are quite the little chatterbox.
  • You are the sweetest big sister to your little brother, he loves you so much!
Untitled-3

You love to sing, and learn new songs. In the car, on a walk or just in any quiet moment during the day, you quietly ask me to sing a song. "ABCs, Momma?" And together we sing, until the next request that quickly follows. "Popcorn, Momma?" "Twinkle Twinkle, Momma?" You surprise me constantly with how quickly you pick up on songs and learn the words. You love to sing "I Am a Child of God."

IMG_9087 copy

You weigh 31 pounds (80th percentile weight-for-age) and are just barely under 3 feet tall (99th percentile). Such a tall girl!

Untitled-2

I love you SO much, sweet girl. You are the greatest addition to my life - I don't know how I got so lucky! Here's to many, many, many more beautiful years together, sweetheart. :)

Love,
Momma :)

Ava {2 Years Old} from Ashley Webster on Vimeo.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)