Monday, September 27

Fall Butterscotch Apple Dip


Every year in elementary school, my mom was the mom that every teacher hoped for. She volunteered in the classroom, befriended all of my teachers, worked on the PTA and brought special treats for the teachers. I remember one particular day, I came home from school to a kitchen full of apples and the smell of butterscotch filling the air. "I made the BEST apple dip today," she said excitedly as she poured the gooey dip from the stovetop pot into a glass canning jar, twisted a square plaid cloth under the lid and tied a big orange bow around the jar. The next day, I walked proudly into school with a busshel of apples and a jar of apple dip in my arms. I presented it with a smile spread across my face to my teacher.

Over the years, my mother gave this dip to many teachers, friends and neighbors. Everyone LOVES this dip and everyone asks for the recipe. Bryson asks for this dip throughout the year, but I refuse to make it at any time during the year except fall. It is FALL apple dip, after all.

Fall Apple Dip

1 cup Butterscotch chips

1 can Sweetened, condensed milk

¼ tsp Salt

2 tsp White vinegar

¼ tsp Cinnamon

Heat chips and milk until melted (in microwave). Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Enjoy!

With Love,
Photobucket
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Elise said...

I'm definitely trying this when I can get to the store. Look at what a good wifey you are - makin' delicious food/treats for your hubby. Thanks for posting them so my man can have some good food too!

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)