Friday, September 17

GI Joes and Rockstars

The best part of teaching is the funny, funny things that kids say.

On Monday, we started learning about rocks and I asked the class, "What do you already know about rocks?"

This one little boy raised his hand and with a smile, began sharing his story. He starts, "My brother has these things called GI Joes ... and you take a hammer ... and smash them ... and they break open ... and inside are these shiny crystals."

I pause....and ask sweetly, hoping for some clarification, "Where did he get these GI Joes?" as I am thinking, "What in the world is this kid talking about? GI Joes with crystals inside?"

He goes on and on and on about these special GI Joes when it hits me....

"Ohhhh," I say, "you mean Geodes!" It all made sense.

"Yeah, that's what I said," he assured me, "GI Joes."

"Geodes," I repeated and he nods, "Uh huh, GI Joes."

Geodes, GI Joes .... same thing, right? :)

--------------------------------------
AND one more sweet little story....
At the end of the day, a little girl came up to me and gave me a hug on her way out the door.

She looked up at me and said so matter-of-fact, "I've been thinking this all day, and I just HAD to tell you this...you look JUST like a rock star and I LOVE it! My teacher is a rock star."

... thank you? :)

With Love,
Photobucket
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)