Saturday, January 21

Have I ever mentioned...

...how much I LOVE this baby?

Well in case you've missed it the million other times I've said it...
I love her A LOT!
A lot, A LOT!

I feel like I know SO many people who have had babies recently or who are about to have babies.
It makes me SO nostalgic! 
I get emotional just thinking that 16 weeks ago, we were in the hospital with brand new baby Ava. 
Seriously the most wonderful, life-changing day of my life. 

I told Bryson seeing new babies makes me want another baby.
He kind of laughed and rolled his eyes. 
"Obviously not right now..." I quickly assured him.
But it's amazing how having one baby and experiencing this greatest joy
makes me want more and more! 

I love being a mom!
I truly feel it is my divine role as a woman. 

I love what President Ezra Taft Benson said way back in 1987 (when I was 2 months old) :) ...

No more sacred word exists in secular or holy writ than that of mother. There is no more noble work than that of a good and God-fearing mother.
President David O. McKay declared: “Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother’s image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child’s mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world.”
President McKay continues: “Motherhood consists of three principal attributes or qualities: namely, (1) the power to bear, (2) the ability to rear, (3) the gift to love. . . .
“This ability and willingness properly to rear children, the gift to love, and eagerness, yes, longing to express it in soul development, make motherhood the noblest office or calling in the world. She who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions deserves the admiration and the plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, . . . deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God” ( Gospel Ideals, 452–54).
With all my heart I endorse the words of President McKay.
A Mother’s Role Is God-Ordained
In the eternal family, God established that fathers are to preside in the home. Fathers are to provide, to love, to teach, and to direct.
But a mother’s role is also God-ordained. Mothers are to conceive, to bear, to nourish, to love, and to train. So declare the revelations.
In section 132 of the Doctrine and Covenants, the Lord states that the opportunity and responsibility of wives is “to multiply and replenish the earth, according to my commandment, and to fulfil the promise which was given by my Father before the foundation of the world, and for their exaltation in the eternal worlds, that they may bear the souls of men; for herein is the work of my Father continued, that he may be glorified” ( D&C 132:63 ).


Bryson said tonight how he loves being a dad even more than he thought he would. 
I always knew I would LOVE my baby
but I never understood how MUCH I would love her until she was here. 



No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)