Thursday, January 26

New lens

For my birthday and Christmas this year, both Bryson's family and my family pitched in and I was able to get a new lens for my camera!

Thank you everyone!!

When I got it, I realized that I have SO much to learn so I can go from just taking "OKAY" pictures to hopefully someday being able to take pictures that actually look good! :)

So I pulled out my camera's manuel again and scoured over each page 
(which is NOT easy to do because it's pretty boring haha) 
and read a lot of articles and "How To's" online. 

I am still lost in so many ways haha.
BUT...ultimately, the best way to learn is to PRACTICE.

So I took some pictures today of Ava and I was just experimenting with aperture and adjusting the shutter speed, setting the white balance and blah blah blah.
 It's hard to take pictures of babies - they are so wiggly! :)

Poor Ava...she will probably be my "guinea pig" for a maaaany years to come. :)

So these pictures are NOTHING special and not edited or anything, but Ava is too cute not to share. :)
Is this one of the first times you've seen Ava without a headband...? :)

A long way to go, a lot to learn.
 But good thing I have such a cute, cooperative subject to take pictures of. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pictures are looking so good! I keep meaning to tell you that. What lens did you get?

Unknown said...

I am so interested in learning too! I have been online looking up info for months. What camera do you have? Which lenses?

Ashley said...

Whitney - you are TOO nice! You are an amazing photographer! I wish you could teach me! :) Leah, I have the Canon 60d and a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens and a Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM. I wish there was a class somewhere and we could take it together!!

Unknown said...

Oh cool! I have a Nikon. Want to get a prime lense.. I'm hoping to get one for Vday, but I'm not holding my breath. If you find a good class let me know I really need some better training!

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)