Thursday, March 26

6th Grade!

The last few weeks, I have been in a 6th grade classroom in Santequin - Orchard Hills. I have to admit that I was nervous and had no idea what to expect - but after this experience I can confidently say that I LOVE teaching, regardless of the age (2nd, 6th .... bring it ALL on, I love it!!). I love these kids, and I LOVE all that they can do! They are so smart and funny!
There is a kid named Ryan who looks just like Jayson - so cute. With the boys, I pretend that I am a super sports fan and I have them compeltely eating out of my hands haha. Really though, just a few simple things like telling them I am a Nuggets fan, or playing Knock-Out with them at recess - they think I am so cool - somehow haha. I have them fooled for sure.
Anyway, Tuesday will be my last day in the classroom, and then its back to BYU for a few weeks and then I'm DONE forever. Monday morning, I have my internship interview and I should know YES or NO by Tuesday if I will be teaching next year - and if its a YES, I will know the grade I'll be teaching and the school!!!! I am so excited!!!
We have been doing mosaics in 6th grade and I was amazed at how some of them are turning out - these kids are artistic!! I showed them pictures from when I went to Europe - all the buildings in Italy that were completely decorated in mosaics. They were amazed and got so excited to make their own. I bought each kid a little paper machee box and they drew their design and are filling it in with little mosaic squares. I thought they would hate it - because it take forever - but they are constantly saying, "Miss Schooff, can we work on our mosaics?" They love them and they love to show off their awesome work even more - they say, "Miss Schooff, will you show mine to the class?" And of course I do and say things like, "Look at MaKenzie's amazing fish - awesome!!" I'm just so glad they are so proud of their work!



Anyway, I'm going to take a nap - I am completely exhausted :-).

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)