Thursday, March 5

A few of our engagements...

We took our engagement pictures the other day and the next night, they were online ready to be proofed . . . speedy! :-) I couldn't save most of the ones I liked the best, but these are a few of them. I like some of the other ones A LOT better..but you get the idea. I LOVE the first one...but the next two aren't as good as many others. I'll post more when I can.


AND I started 6th grade today. I was SO OOOO nervous - and prettu much had my mind made up that I would NOT like teaching 6th grade. AND although I am still not fully convinced that I want to teach 6th grade on my own, I will admit that I acutally love it. OKAY, I really really liked it a lot - I LOVED IT. At least I loved today. They are not as big, as mean, as crazy as I thought they would be - they are still kids, but they understand humor and joke around. I loved playing Four square at recess with them, listening to their hilarious little comments, going to the "maturation assembly" - which is like "sex ed" in Utah but ONLY talks about personal hygeine and nothing more. One kid was raising his hand over and over, but aparently got frustrated when the teacher constantly called on other kids. He finally said, annoyed and as he held back tears, "Mrs A?! Excuse me, Mrs. A. Can I please move to a more visible spot in the classroom, because it is taking on average approximately 5 minutes for you to call on me every time I raise my hand." His voice was shaking, I could tell it had really upset him that he was not given the chance to say what he had wanted to say. Mrs. Anderson's face was priceless as she replied, "Well...okay, I will make an effort to call on you more often." So funny.


Also, CONGRATULATIONS to Bradley, Bryson's younger brother. He was called to the Saint Louis, Missouri Spanish-Speaking Mission and will report June 10th!!!!!!!!!!! And now I am off to eat a cupcake... :-)


No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)