Monday, March 30

ORCHARD HILLS!!!


When the phone rang, there were two options. Either I would hear my CFA's voice (a woman) and I would know it was bad news, or I would hear a man's voice (a principal) and I would know it was good news!

Let me explain. So, at the interview, they said that if we DID get the job, the principals themselves would call us after 5pm and let us know. Which means, man's voice = good.

They also said, "But....if you don't get the job, we will call you and let you know." BY we they meant the CFA, who is the sweetest woman in the world, Karen. Karen has worked closely with us (at BYU and in the elementary schools) since September. She knows us all very well and we all love her! BUT, as much as I love Karen, I told her as I was leaving the interview, "Please, don't call me tonight..." because I wanted a call from a principal :-) SO, woman's voice = bad.

Get it?

Well, when the phone rang, I heard a MAN'S voice. And then I hear, "Is this Ashley Schooff?" Of course, as soon as I heard the deep voice I got a little giddy and answered, "Yesss..." And he continued, "Ashley, this is Mr. Barlow at Orchard Hills Elementary - we would just LOVE to offer you a job as an intern here." I started softly shouting into the phone, "YAYAAAAAY!" Orchard Hills is where I am teaching 6th grade right now - so I KNOW Mr. Barlow and I know many of the staff members there - I know the school, I know the routines, I know the drill! :-) It is a brand new school, only in its 3 year being open! I am SO excited!!! He went on to say some very nice things and all I could say was "Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!" I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!

So imagine...me, my own (big - they are big at orchard hills!!) classroom, and my little students. I don't know what grade I will be teaching yet, I will know tomorrow when I talk to the faciltator at the school! Jump Jump Jump, Jump around!!

CHECK OUT MY SCHOOL!!! Orchard Hills!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)