Sunday, June 21

Happy .... Days!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAD AND JAYSON and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TOO!
June 19th was my Dad's birthday and 2 days later - TODAY - is Father's Day!! One more year until he is officially "old" haha. Just kidding. All weekend I have been thinking of my dad and all the things he has done and does for me and for my family. Well, I love my dad - he's the best dad a girl could possibly have. I will always remember as a little girl hearing my mom say almost daily, "Girls, do you realize how wonderful your father is? Well, he is! I want you to marry a man just like your dad - will you do that?" Of course, we said, "Oh mom...." and rolled our eyes, but over the years I came to realize that if I was to marry a man like my dad, I'd be a lucky girl! :-) For the last 8 years, my dad has not only been a "dad," but also a mom of sorts. It's not very many dads that will get up in the morning and help their daughters curl their hair, sit in the American Eagle lobby for what I'm sure felt like hours waiting for their daughters to finally pick out a pair of jeans, or listen - and really listen - to their daughters talks about boys and all that other girl drama and blah blah blah. :-) But, MY dad did ALL of that - and much, much, much, much more. I can't even begin to express the love, appreciation and admiration I feel for my dad. Because of him, our family is as close as we are and because of his example, we have chosen to live the lives we have. I love him and wish him the best BIRTHDAY and FATHER'S DAY ever! I wish I could be there to celebrate with hamburgers on the grill and a big slice of german chocolate cake!

LOVE YOU DAD!!!
And for the record - I am a very, very lucky girl because I did marry an incredible man - my momma would be proud! :-)

Also, today is my baby brother, Jayson's, birthday! He is the big 1-5 and I can't believe he is getting his driver's permit! (If you are in Colorado Springs, be on the lookout for either a green minivan or white subaru with a teenage boy behind the wheel haha). I remember the day Jayson was born - in Mechanicsville, Virginia and when we went to visit him in the hospital for the first time - and now my little baby boy is all grown up - or at least on his way! :-) He is super smart, amazing at the guitar, a great golfer, such a sweet brother and just hilarious - and also super cute...the ladies love him haha. :-)
Happy Birthday Jay-Dogg!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)