Saturday, February 6

Aloha! (From Provo, Utah?)

I have been missing Hawaii lately! I mean, how could you NOT miss Hawaii, really now?! I miss being tan, wearing flip flops year round, never worrying about what my hair looked like, walking or riding my bike everywhere, going to the beach for an hour in the afternoon, eating chocolate-haupia pie at Ted's bakery! Mmmmm doesn't it all sound sooo nice?!

I remember when I lived in Hawaii and Bryson was on his mission, I would be driving on the North Shore, watching the sun set behind the ocean, the whole sky vibrant red, orange and pink (there is nothing as beautiful as a Hawaii sunset!) and I would think, "Bryson would LOVE this!" I would be watching the surf competitions at Pipeline, jumping off cliffs into the ocean on the big island, or laying on the beach at night freaking out about the little crabs scurrying across our towels...thinking "Bryson would LOVE living in Hawaii." We weren't "together" at the time, but even then I would think, "What ifs." What if we got married and we came to live in Hawaii together? What if?

I feel SO lucky that we were able to go to Hawaii on our honeymoon. I feel especially lucky because the only way we were able to go was through some VERY, VERY generous and loving gifts from family. What a wonderful, amazing, fun way to start our marriage!!





I always considered myself a lover of snow and winter and all things "Colorado." I still love, LOVE Colorado, but after living in Hawaii, I have determined that I love warm weather and I wouldn't mind doing without a 10 month winter!! As Bryson looks into internships and jobs for the future, Colorado is of course my first choice so we can be close to family...but if a California or Arizona jobs sneaks its way in...I don't think I would mind a bit. :)

How many more days until summer again!??! Never mind...it's too far away to even think about yet.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)