Wednesday, March 12

Auntie Kait

Growing up, I always watched my mom with her two sisters, who (even if we lived far away) were absolute best friends. I grew up thinking that your siblings just were your best friends, plain and simple, no questions asked. So, my sister and I have always been super close. Even going to different colleges and now living across the entire country from each other, I don't think we've ever gone more than a few months without seeing each other. And in between visits, we Facetime almost daily. Especially since having my kids and moving to California, Kaitlyn has made a special effort to always come see us - taking time off work and paying her own way from Virginia to California without a single complaint. And once she gets here, she cleans, changes diapers, babysits my kids, plays with them (and by that I mean, climbing up jungle gyms at the park, spinning on the tire swing until she is sick, sliding down slides, holding daily dance parties and running around like a lunatic just to get my kids to laugh). She feeds them, wakes up early with them, snuggles with them, organizes things I didn't even know needed organizing, sneakily pays for things when I'm not paying attention, buys my kids the cutest clothes that I have been eyeing forever but won't spend the money on, and mostly is just an incredibly wonderful friend to me. I can't even put into words how much I love her, how much my kids love her. We are lucky to have our Auntie Kait. 

"LYLAS. Well, we are sisters, so let's be best friends...deal?"

And if that wasn't enough...she even let me take her pictures! Our little "photoshoot" started because she needed some "professional" pictures for some business cards (which are the ones at the bottom). And then we took a few minutes to take a couple more pictures outside (in the crazy wind, might I add!)



Her "business card" pictures:
And these two perfectly describe her during our shoots, "I feel so silly!" Beautiful AND humble!






No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)