Saturday, January 19

Pregnancy update: {33 weeks}

I am 33 weeks pregnant - 7 weeks to go until the due date.  I'm starting to feel uncomfortable and not sleeping so well. It's also getting harder to pick up Ava and chase her all over the place haha and wow I am exhausted all of a sudden. BUT other than that, I am feeling great - really no reason to complain. I had my 32 week check-up this week and my doctor said everything looks great - blood pressure is perfect (something I worry about every time) and I am measuring at exactly 33 weeks (right on schedule). This little guy moves constantly and my belly is like a big bowl of jello - always moving, sometimes it's freaky to watch. According to my pregnancy app on my phone, he is the size of a honeydew mellon (19 inches, 4.5 pounds). We have still not chosen a name (surprise, surprise), but I have a favorite and Bryson has a favorite, and we both like both of them...so who knows who will end up winning that battle haha. :)

This is me at 33 weeks:

This was 32 weeks (last week):


How far along? 33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +11 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes and no - I still fit into all my pants, but I wear maternity pants sometimes.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Starting to be uncomfortable, and of course I have to get up to use the bathroom 500 times a night.
Best moment this week: Ava learned how to say "baby" when she sees a baby.
Have you told family and friends: Yessir
Movement: Feel him moving ALL of the time! Very active!
Food cravings: Nothing in particular. I just eat a LOT! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I have started feeling a bit nauseous again, but not too bad.
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender prediction: It's a boy!
Labor Signs: No (feeling A LOT of Braxton Hicks contractions)
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, Bryson might tell you moody though haha
Weekly Wisdom: We are so blessed to have a sweet baby boy join our family! 
Milestones coming this week: Baby is clocking in at five pounds and could be as tall as 20 inches by now, and the vernix (the white coating protecting baby’s skin) is getting thicker. Those tiny fingernails have probably reached the tips of his fingers by now — and getting ready for that first postpartum manicure. Baby is still gaining weight (about half a pound a week), and he could grow up to another full inch this week. With that much baby inside your uterus, your amniotic-fluid level has maxed out, which explains why some of his pokes and kicks feel pretty sharp these days. (There's less fluid to cushion the blows.) 

1 comment:

~*Heather*~ said...

You are seriously the cutest pregnant lady ever!

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)