Friday, April 18

Painting Easter Eggs

For some reason, I love Easter! I love that it's springtime and the flowers are all in bloom, I love that my dad always makes hot cross buns and I always loved waking up Sunday morning to an Easter basket full of candy and little goodies. I also always loved dying Easter eggs. So, of course I want to do all these things with my kids, too. BUT the thought of little cups filled with food coloring and dye and then plopping eggs and watching the dye splash all over who knows where - that thought gives me great anxiety. 

SO, this year I decided we would "paint" our Easter Eggs. I just filled up a few little bowls with a few tablespoons of water, a few drops of food coloring and a capful of white vinegar, handed Ava a watercolor paintbrush (painting is Ava's absolute favorite thing to do - I usually reward her with painting for doing things like going #2 in the potty haha) and told her to paint to her little heart's content. 

I think they turned out cute! They look kind of tie-dyed and I like that you can see the cute little watercolor brush strokes. Ava absolutely loved this little activity. And I loved that there was hardly any mess at all. :)

IMG_8179
Untitled-dye1
IMG_8193
Untitled-dye2
IMG_8195
Untitled-dye3
Untitled-dye4
IMG_8215

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)