Saturday, June 25

I heart finding good deals :)

This week I have been OBSESSED with finding things for the baby's room. I made lists of all the furniture and gear that we will need and then I scoured Craigslist for everything! I contacted so many people, researched brand names, model numbers, reviews, recalled items, and everything else to make sure I was getting my bang for my buck. WELL, as of right now, I have officially saved over $900...YES, $900...buying things off Craigslist rather than buying them new from a store. Everything I have purchased is new within the last 2 years, in VERY good/clean shape, has come from very nice homes and has been about 80% cheaper than if I had bought brand new. The stuff that I have bought is actually NICER and of better quality than I would have bought if I had bought stuff brand new. Then nice thing about the area we live in is that there are a lot of nice homes near by with "wealthier" families, so they have a lot of very nice, well taken care of stuff to sell to the poor (aka...me). haha :) It took a lot of work because I am picky - I won't just buy something because it is a "good deal." It has to be exactly what I am looking for and in tip top shape or I won't even think twice.

For example...I bought a beautiful crib that still sells at BabiesRUs for $280 that came with a mattress that still sells for $150. It is 2 years old, looks BRAND new and I bought it for $80. That alone saved us $350! I was sooo happy!

I also bought a changing table, jumparoo/entertainer thing that she won't use for a while but it was a great deal, stroller, glider, very nice baby swing and a sleeper/cradle. Pretty much, we are set. :) I feel blessed that we have also been given a bouncer seat and a LOT of beautiful baby girl clothes from Bryson's aunt. :) The only thing we still don't have is a high chair, but we won't need one of those for a while. :)

I have been driving all over tarnation (haha honestly sometimes I was SO lost - maybe I should buy a GPS haha), to pick up these things and it has ALL been worth it!! Of course there are things I will buy new, but some things I just think are great to buy from other people who don't need them anymore.

I am SO excited to set up the baby's room. I have my little pink sheet and beautiful quilt and bedding that Nam made in the crib and now with all the money I saved, I can buy little decorations for the her room! :) Now that the nursery is furnished, I can get to work decorating and organizing. Hmmm...I think "nesting" is starting to creep up on me a little.

Anyway, enough for now.


------------------------------------------------------ 
With love,


Photobucket

2 comments:

Elise said...

Good job finding great deals!! About the highchair... we just got a little booster seat that we put on one of our chairs and it works great! It doesn't take up as much room as a highchair, and we can take it with us if we're going to family or friend's houses for dinner. I notice a lot of moms are going with the booster these days. This is the one we got:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Deluxe-Booster-Seat/10727393

You don't have to get a booster, I just didn't know of this option when we were looking for a highchair.

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I want to see pictures!

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)