Thursday, June 30

"Sew" Not Crafty...but Trying :)

So, my dad bought me a sewing machine and sent it to me as a SURPRISE!! I am SO excited to make cute little things for my baby and home. Since Kaitlyn is coming today, I am waiting to start sewing projects until she is gone (so I can fill my endless free time with something productive) but I wanted to start with something very, VERY small to ease myself into it. I went to the store and bought scrap fabric and made little fabric rosettes. When I was done with them, I didn't know what to do with them, so I put them on these plain onesies that I have a billon of. It's nothing special, but it got me thinking of all the potential things I can make. :) These are SO easy to make and would be great on little metal clips for headbands, too. :)



My favorite thing about shopping for a baby girl is that there are little ruffles on everything. I would love to add little ruffles to the bum of the onesie...but we'll see if I can pull that off haha. 

The end. :)

------------------------------------------------------ 
With love,


Photobucket

1 comment:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I love it! That definitely looks more professional than the bibs I have been making. Also, I know what you mean about the ruffles. I especially love the ones on the bum. My second favorite are animal faces or other designs on the bum. SO CUTE!

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)