Thursday, April 11

Ava's Room

I just wanted to post some pictures of Ava's room (which is NOT done by any means)...
but I wanted to show some pictures of the beautiful bedding that my grandma made! 
(I helped a little bit haha)

I still have a lot I would like to do, but at least it feels a little bit organized and presentable for now.

Changing table (that I bought for $20 on Craigslist): I made the cover for the changing pad and the little curtain that hides the clutter on the bottom shelf. Inside the pictures frames is just fabric. The one with the elephants fell a while ago and the glass shattered, so it's currently just hanging there without glass and the fabric is all shifted - but you can tell how much I care by the fact that I have not fixed it haha.
Chair (another $20 Craigslist find): My grandma made the beautiful blanket with the ruffle trim. I LOVE it. I picked out the fabric and shipped it to her in Nebraska and she made it exactly as I had envisioned. I made the pillows.
Untitled-1

My dad installed the chandelier that I bought from Ikea. I have wanted this chandelier since I was pregnant with Ava...but until now we have always lived in apartments with no overhead lighting in the bedrooms. So once we moved here, I figured it was a perfect time to buy the chandelier and swap it out for the old light fixture. 
Untitled-2

The crib bedding (I found this crib on Craigslist for $50) is my absolute favorite part of the room, of course. I made the crib skirt, which is still not finished - I have only done the front, not either of the two sides (because gathering is such a pain and takes forever! haha). My grandma made the bumpers. I LOVE them! I bought the blue fabric, shipped it to her and asked for white bumpers with a blue ruffle. Again, they are exactly what I was hoping for! Then, I swap out the crib sheets when one is in the laundry - this one is grey with white polka dots and the other one is grey chevron.
Untitled-3

Random things on the dresser. The tall glass jar holds Ava's pacifiers, the small one holds Gavin's pacifiers, and the little blue jar holds Ava's hair clippies. I only took a picture of half of the "collage" wall (which I still want to add to), but I printed off a bunch of "free printables" I found from Pinterest and framed them. 
Untitled-4
IMG_7256

Anyway, like I said...it isn't finished, but I just think my grandma did such a great job, I had to share! Thank you Nam!! :) I still need to hang curtains and hang a few more things on the walls. I would love to paint the dresser white and the drawers with an ombre effect...but I don't have time for that at the moment with a newborn and an 18 month old running around haha. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The room looks wonderful! Such a fun project!

Unknown said...

Ashley, you are a fantastic mom and homemaker. I can't believe how adorable this bedroom is! I'm always amazed at the things you post and all of Ava's adorable little outfits. I'm sure she will love having these thoughts and photos.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)