Friday, June 29

9 months



Dear Ava Sophia,

You turned 9 months on June 29, 2011. Nine months is a big milestone because you have now lived outside of the womb for as long as you inhabited it. I am so happy you did finally decide to vacate MY premises and join us in this world. But sometimes, I wish I could stuff you back inside me and take you with me wherever I go. My womb does make a wonderful baby carrier.
Untitled-14
At your last check up, you measured 30.25 inches long (99.96th percentile) and 22 lbs 4 oz (96th percentile weight to age, 50th percentile weight to height). You haven't fallen below the 99th percentile yet for height. You fit into 12 month clothes perfectly, but I only buy you 12-18 month clothes now so you get a little more wear out of them. 

Two days after you turned 8 months,  you officially started crawling. It started like a bear crawl, with your diaper in the air. After a couple days, you figured out that your knees make for a great mode of transportation...and you were off. However, you would much rather be standing and walking along furniture than crawling. So you crawl, crawl, crawl until you reach something you can pull up on and then you scoot, scoot, scoot along the furniture, walls, and whatever else is in your path.
Untitledb

Other things you have learned/done this month: 
  • You can pull yourself to stand up in your crib. You also can lay back down on your own and fall asleep after playing with your toys for a few minutes (something I appreciate very, very much). 
  • You wave and smile at any and everyone everywhere we go, which results in many long conversations from cute old ladies as they "ooh" and "ahh" over you.
  • You can clap on cue. 
  • You love when Mommy or Daddy read stories to you. You love the books that have soft fur and textures that you can touch. You have learned how to turn the pages of your books and sometimes do so before we are done reading the page. 
  • You can say "Dada." It used to be more "dadadadada" but now it is definitely just "dada."
  • You are learning how to mimic Mom and Dad. I will laugh, and you laugh in return. I say "dada" and you say "dada" back. And so on and so forth.
  • You give kisses on your own accord and not only when I ask for one.
  • Whenever music comes on, you dance. Your dancing consists of bouncing up and down, sticking out your tongue and panting like a dog because you are so excited.  
Untitledc

You are still an incredibly social baby. You love new people and especially kids and other babies. We have also learned recently that you love dogs and think that a dog barking is probably one of the funniest things you've experienced in your short 9 months on this planet. You also love to kiss dogs in your famous open-mouth fashion.

Recently, you started standing all on your own. This is the first time I can tell that you understand you are doing something new. You beam with pride as you carefully balance. At first you could stand by yourself for 2-3 seconds, and now it's for much longer. Every once in a while, you will take a couple steps, but walking is still a ways away...which is perfectly fine with me. :)

Untitledd

You are starting to lose interest in milk and instead want more and more "big people" food. Your Daddy and I have to share our food with you or you will wail and whine until you get a little taste. You love cheese, beans, peas, corn, carrots, bread, tortillas, grilled cheese sandwiches, edemame, puffs, quesadillas...I could go on and on. You have tried many different types of food with many different spices, flavors and textures. You have liked them all. Little girl, you love your food. 

Some funny things about you:
  • Your tongue is almost always sticking out.
  • Your favorite toy is a toothbrush. In a room full of toys, you always go for...yep, you guessed it, the toothbrush.
  • You love the song "Baby" by Justin Beiber and "Elmo's Song" from Sesame Street. When these songs come on, you instantly turn your head to look at me, open your mouth wide, and start dancing.
  • You stick your tongue out and pant like a dog when you are excited.
  • Your hair is getting barely long enough for a teeny, tiny blonde ponytail. I love it.
Ava, these 9 months have gone by way too fast - faster than I ever expected or thought possible. I fall deeper and harder in love with you every single day. I, as your mother, of course think everything you do is completely unique and special (ha ha). I love that you will pause while you are playing to walk over to me, lay your head on my shoulder and plant a big, wet, open-mouthed kiss on my cheek. I love listening to you babble and coo to yourself in your crib before you fall asleep. I love how much attention you attract wherever we go, and how you smile so big and kick your little legs and flail your arms so fast when someone says hi to or smiles at you. I love that when I hold you close, you hum softly as if to say "I love you Momma." I love your curious nature, your outgoing personality, and your happy disposition. I love you. All of you. Forever and ever and ever.

Happy 9 months my sweet Ava love.

Love,
Momma :)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Ava is such a cutie!!

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)