Monday, October 29

13 months

I told myself that once Ava turned one, I would stop doing the monthly posts about her. BUT, she is just changing and learning so much constantly that I feel like I need to document these things. Instead of a long, drawn-out post, I will just bullet point some of the new things she has learned this month. 
  • When I say "Go give this to daddy" and she runs right to Bryson and gives it to him.
  • I will ask, "Where's Daddy?" and she starts signing "dad" and walking around the apartment looking for him.
  • If I ask "Where's your puppy/cat/baby?" she instantly goes on a hunt to find it and bring it back to me.
  • She LOVES to give hugs and kisses and says, "Ahhh" (like "awww) whenever she gives them.
  • She has definitely mastered the art of the "Uh oh." Whenever anything drops, she says "Uh oh." And more often than not, she will throw something on the ground just so she can say "uh oh."
  • Says bye like "baa" and waves.
  • She barks like a puppy when she sees a puppy/her puppy or when we say puppy. 
  • Has 2 bottom teeth, 3 molars and 2 top front teeth
  • Knows these signs in baby sign language: milk, all done, more, daddy, grandpa, eat, cat
  • We are working on these signs: fish, puppy, shoes, bath
  • She knows how to say these words: wow, cheese, dada, mama, uh oh, dook (book), hi, ba(bye)
  • Almost says: shoes
  • Understands and acts when she hears these words (along with many others): dance, jump, kiss, hug
  • When Ava sees a baby (which to her is anyone smaller than her), she instantly signs "baby" - she is very curious about babies.
  • Blows kisses
  • Loves these songs: Itsy Bitsy Spider (motions the spider climbing up the spout), Wheels on the Bus (rolls her arms for the wheels going round and round), No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (touches her head and shakes her finger during the appropriate parts)
  • Snuggles and rocks her baby doll and stuffed animals and kisses them with big, wet, open-mouthed kisses. :)
  • Jibber Jabbers more and more each day
  • No longer drinks formula, drinks whole milk instead (about 16-18oz a day)
  • Takes 2 naps a day (about 1.5-2 hours each), goes to bed at 9 and wakes up between 8:45 and 9am. 
Here is a little video of her signing "More Eat" because she wanted some of Kaitlyn's cookie. 

I am seriously in LOVE with my little baby girl - she is nothing but an absolute JOY, so sweet and so fun. I was telling Bryson the other day that if someone had asked me to "design" the perfect baby for me, it would have been exactly Ava. She is my sweet girl and I just adore her. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)