Wednesday, October 10

Prego update: 18 weeks

Great news! 
My uterus is now the size of a cantaloupe! (A fact I KNOW you've been dying to know!)
And it's housing a growing baby boy the size of a mango!
In case you haven't held a mango in your hands in a while...
that's about 6 inches crown to rump (or the length of your open palm).
Craziness!

And because I know you're wondering what a uterus the size of a cantaloupe has done to my body...
This was 8 weeks (left) and now 18 weeks (right).
This is me 17 weeks pregnant with Ava (left) and 18 weeks pregnant with baby boy (right). 

I am definitely still in the "fat" stage, but looking more pregnant every day. 

New and exciting things:
  • I feel my baby boy moving ALL the time. I must have ABsolutely ;) no abdominal muscles after having Ava or he is destined to be a soccer player...because I have even felt him kicking from the outside already! Always moving. Best feeling in the world.
  • I am feeling GREAT - in fact SO great that I would forget completely that I was pregnant if I didn't have this ever-expanding waistline or if I wasn't being sucker-punched in the bladder 24/7. :)
  • No food aversions, no cravings, little to no nausea. I do have heartburn, but that's about it. My boy is already being so good to his momma. :)
  • I am so completely in love, love, love with the fact that I am having a boy! I have ALWAYS wanted a baby boy and can't imagine a more perfect scenario than having a baby boy join our family! 
  • I am also completely terrified of being a mom of two kids under the age of two. There, I said it. 

But mostly, we can't wait to meet this sweet little baby brother!

Take your time little guy, you still have a lot of growing to do! 
But know that I already love you oh so much! :)

I already have his coming home from the hospital outfit, courtesy of Grandma Schooff. 
Perfection.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)