Tuesday, July 12

Satin Flowers

I am in LOVE with hair bows and flowers that clip onto little lace headbands for our baby girl! I love to look on Etsy and, I will admit, I have many-a-time put things in my Etsy "shopping cart," paused for a minute and then quickly emptied it again. Because...well, they are just so darn expensive! Seriously!

I got a package from a friend in the mail recently that was filled with beautiful hand-made bows/flowers attached to alligator clips just PERFECT for baby! I was SO excited and it got me curious and thinking, "Could I MAKE some bows for cheaper?" So I looked online at tutorials, thought about it and then today I went to the fabric store just to "try it out." Well this is what I ended up with. They are NOT perfect in any way, but heck, pretty much the exact same satin flowers cost $8 each on Etsy. And I made all three of these for under $1. Not too shabby. I'm thinking I want one in every color haha.






Anybody want one? Or two? :)
------------------------------------------------------ 
With love,


Photobucket

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I do haha. They are so cute!

jen said...

I want five. Actually I want you to come stay with me a spread your nesting love to my poor neglected baby!

Stephanie Gubler said...

Where did you find the tutorial?

Jenni Rollins said...

Yes! and I want the tutorial as well =)I've been looking for one forever.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)