Monday, August 29

37 weeks

Today, I am 37 weeks pregnant. That means, 3 weeks until baby is due! I guess 37 weeks is considered "Full Term," which means she could come at any time and be perfectly healthy. 

According to the baby website:
"Your baby is officially baked this week! That means you could literally give birth at any given moment. A terrifying, exciting and overwhelming concept, all rolled into one. Your partner is undoubtedly having the same emotional roller-coaster ride, so be sure to share your feelings and enjoy these last weeks (days?! hours?!) together."

Apparently, the baby weighs in at about 6.5 pounds already and will grow about half a pound each week for the next 3 weeks (or longer depending on when she decides to come). Bryson keeps saying, "I have a feeling you are going to go over your due date." Please no. But I'm sure that's what will happen. You never know, I guess. 

Take a look at the most recent picture from tonight. 
37 weeks
I am just starting to feel uncomfortable and I woke up this morning with . . . dun dun dun . . . swollen feet!! Ohhh it was a tragedy! What a horrible day to wake up to swollen feet and ankles - Sunday of all days - the only day I wear cute shoes! I couldn't even buckle the strap around my ankle on my heels. haha. It was a sad moment. 

And now on to a happy moment... :) :)

A girl in my ward threw me a little "baby shower" the other day. It was so perfect and low-key and fun, which made it even more perfect for me!! We have been SO blessed and people have given us so much baby stuff already - the closet is crammed full of clothes and blankets and all that good stuff. So, when people have asked me if I want a baby shower, I tell them I really don't need one because we have all that we need for the baby and more! So, this girl in my ward messaged me asking to meet up for frozen yogurt and ended up inviting several other girls from the ward to meet us there and have a little baby shower! They each brought a book for the baby to start building our little library. Is that not the cutest, sweetest thing you've ever heard? I was completely not expecting ANYTHING like that at all and I just thought it was SOO incredibly nice: nice of her to think of me, to coordinate it and then nice of everyone to come!! We all ate frozen yogurt, talked and I opened presents. I got some of the cutest little books and a couple outfits and other little baby things. It was fun to introduce Kaitlyn to all the super cute girls in my ward! They have all been so nice and welcoming to us! We honestly have an AMAZING ward - I could NOT be happier! We feel very blessed here! 

1 comment:

dad said...

A surprise shower - how fun!

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)