Wednesday, August 31

Expressions of Love and Baby Clothes

I love this video. I especially love Elder Scott's sweet story about his wife that he shared during Conference. I don't know if it is just the pregnancy hormones going crazy haha, but I got teary-eyed listening to his sweet story again. 


I have been thinking about Bryson a lot over the last couple days and how our lives are about to change in such a BIG way as we welcome a baby into our home. I feel so lucky and blessed to have married such a wonderful man and righteous priesthood holder. He is such a good example to me in so many ways. Last night, we went on our weekly "Dollar Scoop Tuesday" date to Baskin Robins and we just sat outside the store in our car, eating ice cream and talking and laughing about the funny, awkward things we did and said while we were dating way back when we were 16, 17, 18. It is crazy to think that we have known each other for 10 years now: since we were 14. I am so glad we have had 2 great years of marriage as "just the two of us" to learn how to become much better spouses to one another. There is no better teacher of patience, selflessness, and true expressions of love than marriage. As we were getting into bed last night, Bryson reached over and put his hand on my belly and said, "How are my girls doing?" and it just touched my heart thinking of sweet Bryson as the daddy to our baby girl. He is going to be the best dad to this little girl. She is lucky. I am lucky. We are a forever, eternal family. What more can I ask for?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On another note...Today I went through all the baby clothes and organized them by size to see what we have. We have a TON of baby clothes. Honestly, there isn't enough room in the closet for any more!  Many of the clothes came from Bryson's aunt (which is a HUGE blessing), and the rest of it has come from baby showers and gifts from friends/co-workers/family. I think I have bought 2 or 3 outfits (because sometimes I cannot resist those PRECIOUS little outfits) and a couple plain white onesies. What a blessing! Thank you to everyone who contributed to this baby girl's wardrobe haha. :) :)

Here's the pile of clothes. This does not include the many, many onesies and pants we have, which are in drawers and not on hangers.



The closet before I organized. Lucky little lady, if you ask me. :)

3 comments:

Elise said...

What a good video! As I was watching, I saw one of my friends and her husband too! :)

Jenni Rollins said...

That IS a lot of baby clothes. Yay for baby showers and gifts. They SAVE you.

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Holy Cow. That is a LOT of clothes. Luckily you have an enormous closet all for her!Those pictures are funny though because Russ and I did exactly that same organizing last night. It's so funny to do the piles of different months.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)