Friday, August 12

Hospital Bag Goodies

I have been slowly buying and accumulating all the things we need for when the baby comes. We are almost completely ready for her to make her appearance, whenever that will be, sometime in the next month and a half. I ordered diapers and wipes from amazon mom and diapers.com at a great price, and now the changing table is stocked...just waiting for those little baby buns. Bryson and I came home one night to 4 big boxes of diapers and wipes haha. I still need to wash all the baby clothes, organize the nursery, pack the hospital bags, find a newborn photographer hopefully, and of course we still need a NAME for this baby! :) I know I have a lot of time, but I am so intent on being prepared as much as I can be. I have a list of things for Kaitlyn to help me with when she gets here in like 10 days! Get ready Kait! :)

A few of the diapers (they are teeny and so cute)
I made a list of the things I still need to get and the list is getting shorter! These are the only things I still need to get from my registry:

Burp cloths (I have some, just need one more package)
Baby socks
6 Avent Bottles
Bottle brush
Nursing pads (BIG box, I have one small box)
Breast milk freezer containers
Thermometer for baby
Nasal bulb syringe
Baby nail clippers
2 waterproof mattress pads
Dreft (or detergent to wash all baby clothes)

Of course there are more things I want like more little hair bows and outfits and cute unnecessary things like that (because I have MORE than enough hair bows AND outfits already haha).

I know I have some time, but I have been slowly working on packing our bags for the hospital. I still have to pack a bag for Bryson and add stuff to my bag, but here's the pile so far:


I have been researching what to bring, what not to bring and all that jazz and on every list it says, "Bring snacks for your hubby." I found this cute idea on Pinterest to get some of the hubby's favorite snacks and attach cute little notes, just to make him feel as though the day isn't ALL about only me. So, these snacks will be packed into my hospital bag. This is a small preview in case Bryson sees this post. :)



I LOVED that on the hospital tour, they gave us a handout of "What to bring to the Hospital." On the Dad's list was Food, of course. It said, 

"Dads: Food - to keep you energized for the labor. Remember nothing smelly (makes her nauseous), nothing crunchy (noise may irritate her) and very important something for your breath (may make her nauseous)." 

Haha I just love the "Warning in advance," and the "Be prepared for an irritable, nauseous woman." Yess, I am SURE that will be me as far as the crunchy food goes because, as Bryson and Kaitlyn and all my family will agree, I already get irritated listening to people crunch their food. It's a weird pet peeve I have always had. I told Bryson to start practicing his humility and patience now haha. jk jk

Speaking of the hospital tour: it was a very...interesting experience. It was great to see where we will be going and what the rooms look like and know what to expect. BUT, I swear, I was the only person in the room (there was a group of 20 or so of us prego ladies and our hubbies) who ever looked the least bit scared haha. Everyone else was smiling and ooh-ing and aw-ing over things like birthing tubs and mirrors to "see" the view (NO THANK YOU) and I was standing there thinking in my mind, "Never mind, I don't want to do this anymore." haha. I think I even said it out loud to Bryson at one point and he goes, "Well, too late now honey!" haha. 

We saw the labor and delivery rooms, C-section rooms and the recovery rooms. Towards the beginning of the tour, they opened a room and Bryson and I peeked in and saw some people cleaning up after a birth that had just occurred. Oh dear. We both looked at each other like, "Okay, let's pretend like we didn't just see that." haha 

Then, we stopped by the "well-baby nursery" and the tour guide opened the blinds to the brand new little babies in the nursery who had just been born. They looked so ... real. I know that sounds weird, of course they are real. But I mean, they weren't little squishy alien-like creatures that I sometimes imagine my baby to be right now, they were soft, sweet, precious babies ... and it put everything into perspective. Labor (although I don't think I will completely get past the whole scary factor) is a beautiful thing because of the end product - your little pink, soft, sweet baby. So, I have to choose NOT to be scared or anxious or nervous and just be excited, grateful, hopeful. 

She will be here soon enough! About 35 days! Can't wait to meet our little nugget! 

Here is me at 35 weeks:

------------------------------------------------------ 
With love,


Photobucket


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! Just so you know, they should give you the blue booger sucker =), at the hospital for you to bring home. You are so prepared! I was definitely not as ready to go as you! You can do it! Just remember what you said at the end of your post about the reward of labor. I promise you that once that baby is on your chest, all your pains feel very small because you now have HER! I love birth stories and can't wait to hear yours!

Elise said...

You may want to wait on the breast pads. I got some, but ended up not really needing them. I didn't like them at all.

Don't be scared for the labor and delivery. Seriously, (well, for me) it was not bad at all. After, I was honestly thinking, "Wow, I could definitely do that again." Epidural = AMAZING. :)

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I love this post. I hope we have as much fun at our hospital visit (if we even get one). That will definitely always be memorable for you guys, if nothing else. Also, your preparation is so cute. As always, you are an inspiration to me.

~*Heather*~ said...

So exciting!!! You are SUCH a cute pregnant lady and will be such an awesome mom! And Bryson an awesome dad!! And your diaper bag - love it!

Jenni Rollins said...

Ashley - don't worry! It's not that bad. If you're getting an epidural. So my best advice is: GET ONE. They are amazing, and it made things actually enjoyable during labor. No joke.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)