Tuesday, August 16

Little kicks

I have come to realize that there is no better feeling in the world than little tiny (or not so tiny anymore) baby kicks in your belly. What an amazing, sweet feeling. I love it. The baby kicks me constantly - and I mean constantly. Any time I am sitting down or laying down - she is kicking, squirming, punching...or all three at once. 

Bryson and I have been going to classes at the hospital where I will deliver. I couldn't help but laugh as we sat on the back row of "Breastfeeding For First Time Moms." I guess that shows how immature I am, I don't know haha. I had told Bryson that he didn't need to go to that class (for obvious reasons I think) and then I got an email saying, "Husbands strongly encouraged to attend." SOooo, he came. :) We got there and had to choose a baby doll so we could practice holding the baby in the correct position and all that stuff. Every once in a while I would just look around the room at all the men and laugh. I don't know - it's just funny to me...all those men being so supportive, but also wishing to be anywhere else but there haha.  I told Bryson afterwards, "I bet you never, ever in your life thought you would go to a breastfeeding class." What a supportive hubby haha. 

Tonight we had "Newborn Care" for 2 1/2 hours haha. Again, Bryson was ULTRA supportive and went with me even though it cut into precious ward-basketball night (new basketball shoes and all). So I had his basketball shorts, t-shirt, socks and new shoes all laid out...ready to go, so he didn't have to miss too much of game time after the class was over. Here is a video of Bryson dressing our "baby." :)


Welp, I am continuing to grow bigger and bigger as you can see from the pictures below. I finally broke down and bought a pair of maternity jeans at H&M. Even though I will only be wearing them for 4 weeks, but it was totally worth it! I LOVE them. Next time around, I will wear them much, much sooner! :) Overall, I have LOVED being pregnant and I think I will miss it in a strange way when that time comes. Ever since I started taking that heartburn medicine, I have been feeling 500 times better. I'm not swollen at all, just sometimes my feet at the end of the day after walking a lot. No stretch marks, YET (knocking on wood as I type this). At my 33-week appointment (2 1/2 weeks ago), I had gained 15 pounds total, but I feel like I have DOUBLED in size over the last 2 1/2 weeks, so I'm sure that number will go up by my appointment next week (I never weigh myself at home haha - I just don't want to think about it). 

We still don't have a name picked out. We have a top 3 and then Bryson keeps throwing out random names that he will "really like" for a day or so and then move onto the next one. I don't think she will have a name until we see her. Maybe never haha. The other day, Bryson said, "Maybe we can't decide on a name because it's really a boy." HA wouldn't THAT be something. I don't know WHAT I would do considering all the PINK stuff we have. Of course, that stressed me out a little bit and I told him never to say that again haha. 




------------------------------------------------------ 
With love,


Photobucket

3 comments:

Elise said...

You are so cute! You have gained absolutely NO weight anywhere else except in that cute belly. You look fabulous. By the way, I was glad Andrew came to the breastfeeding class with me, because oh my... feeding from the boob was super hard for me. And it was nice to have him understand more of how frustrating it was. It got better, but the first couple weeks sucked.

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Those classes sound great. I have a feeling I would be laughing most of the time too, mostly because it would be so awkward. But Bryson will probably bust out some hidden knowledge when you least expect it.

Jenni Rollins said...

Haha, I worried about Ashlynne being a boy up until when she was born. Because apparently most gender prediction mess-ups happen when they say it's a girl. But comfort: Ashlynne WAS a girl. Yours will probably be too. Technology has come a long way.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)