Saturday, November 12

"Date Night"

Tonight, we had our first "date night" since Ava was born. Date night for 3, of course. Bryson and me, with the little bug in tow.

Of course, we have "been out" before - taken Ava out and about as we run errands or grab a quick lunch or take-out dinner. We've taken her to the wonderful world of Costco the last 3 or more Saturdays for free lunch - we just can't pass up those free samples (and sometimes seconds of those free samples).

But this was different. 
This was a sit-down, make-reservations sushi restaurant and frozen yogurt to top the night off.
I got dressed, I put make up on...I even did my hair! (gasp!) :)

Was I nervous? Yes. 
See, Ava has had major problems in her car seat before. I'm talking major, major freak outs. So, I'm not going to lie, I get a little nervous every time we leave the house with the baby in tow.
Do I worry too much...well, yes. BUT, I'm a new mom...give me a break.

So, we loaded up the babe...loaded up the diaper bag, bottle and all...and headed out the door. 

Well, I am happy to report that all went well! (Phew!) 

Ava fussed at first, so I took her out and fed her a bottle as we looked through the menu. After she was full and satisfied, she sat quietly in her car seat, cooing and smiling. After a few minutes, she even fell asleep. All the waitresses kept coming around to comment on how cute she was. They probably thought we were crazy bringing our 6-week old baby to a nice restaurant. haha

Maybe we were?
My yummy sushi roll
After sushi, Bryson surprised me and pulled up to Yogurtland - my favorite frozen yogurt place!
Ava was so cute and smiley the whole time. Sweet baby girl.
Ava, the little tag along :)
Date night was a success! Thank you Bryson for a wonderful night out on the town. :) He was the best date - listened to me talk about who knows what. ;)

When we got home, Ava would not fall asleep haha. She is always just SO content at night to lay in our arms, eyes wide open and NOT fall asleep. The problem is...she always wants us to be standing up, bouncing or rocking her...but she won't fall asleep until really late. We try everything. This has been going on for a few days now. 

So, after much effort and a couple hours later...this is what we ended up with haha. 

I love my family. :)

3 comments:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I love everything about this. I'm glad you got to have your date night! You were also probably glad to be able to have sushi again. I can also VERY MUCH appreciate the whole not going to bed thing. We have the same issue just about every single night, and our results are almost exactly like yours was. :)

LizzyDimond said...

Ashley, I love all your posts. I have to ask ... what sushi restaurant do you like around here? We're still trying to find one that we love! PS You are such a beautiful MOM!!!

Jenni Rollins said...

YAY. =) Still recommend "The Baby Sleep Solution" - best program for baby sleeping ever =). Even for amazing sleepers. And Ava's old enough now.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)