Sunday, November 13

Church and A Rockstar Dad

I love my baby Ava. She was so sweet and so good during church today! 

Bryson was so good and rocked her during Sacrament Meeting, took her out to change her, held her during Sunday School and even took her to Priesthood. It was the first time I had been away from her for more than 5 minutes - no joke! 

Before Bryson took her to Priesthood, I interrogated him and asked, "If she fusses, will you hold her?" "If she has a dirty diaper, will you change her?" "Will you come get me if she cries." 

"Yes, of course!" he said as he rolled his eyes. 
(except for the last one, to which he replied, "Just relax, she will be fine.")

During Relief Society someone asked me, "Where's Ava?" 
I answered, "Bryson has her." 
My friend leaned over and said, "Bryson loves Ava SO much, I can tell. He is so cute with her!"

It's true. He DOES love her. SO much. 
Something about Daddies and their daughters makes a Mommy's heart melt. 

About 10 minutes into the 3rd hour, my phone buzzed.
"She's asleep," it read.

See, no need to worry.
No need to worry when you have a rockstar Daddy. :)

I love her little black tights!
I always feel SO rejuvenated in many ways after going to church. 
I feel spiritually uplifted, of course.
In a very strange way, I feel empowered - like "I can do this!" when it comes to taking my baby out and about for 4 hours plus. 

Mostly, I leave church feeling like I'm not "alone." I LOVE our ward and the many couples who have recently had babies that we can talk and swap stories with! I have said it before and I'm sure I will say it again - I feel SO blessed to be in this ward! 

I have never felt like I was "meant" to be somewhere until we moved here. 

I feel like when we were deciding where to live in the Bay Area, Bryson was inspired to search in Walnut Creek. 

It was the BEST decision for our family!

This is a perfect place for the beginning years of my sweet baby girl's life. :)

1 comment:

Jenni Rollins said...

So awesome, isn't it? Yay for dads =)

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)