Thursday, November 17

Dear Ava,

Dear Ava,

Do you know how much I love you little one?


People used to tell me, 
"You will never understand how much your mom loved you 
until you are a mom to your own."

These people were right. 

And now I know. 

My heart grew beyond understanding the first time I saw you, 
the first time I heard your sweet cry, 
the first time your tiny hand grasped my finger, 
the first time your beautiful eyes gazed into mine,
the first time you slept on my chest all night long. 
It was then I knew...you are mine. 

Just when I think I cannot possibly love you any more;
my heart cannot contain any more love for you...

that is when I find that my heart has grown,
when I find myself even more in love than before.

I fall even more in love each time you giggle in your sleep. 
I fall more in love every time you fall asleep in my arms.
I fall deeper in love as I sing and rock you to sleep every night.
I fall in love with you more and more with each soft coo and each gummy smile.
With every diaper change, 
each bout of hiccups, 
every time you fall asleep with one eye still barely open.

I had never known this kind of love.
This deep, all encompassing love.

You are, and always will be my baby. 
My baby.

And I love you, my baby.

With all my love, 
Momma

1 comment:

Jenni Rollins said...

It's so crazy when the waves of love come that you just don't have enough room in your heart to contain. I have experiences almost everyday with my girl when I feel like I'm about to burst!

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)