Saturday, October 29

Happy Halloween!

How in the world is it almost November already? 

This month has FLOWN by! 

I feel like I barely have time to think about taking a shower and getting dressed on a daily basis...let alone think about Halloween costumes! :) 

So...the day of the Halloween ward party rolled around today and we realized that we didn't have a costume for Ava. "No big deal," we thought at first. Then, when I was up feeding Ava this morning, I realized that this is her ONLY "First Halloween," and I have to do something cute so we can take pictures to show her when she's older. haha 

Yes, that exact thought went through my mind. 

I didn't want to spend $30+ on a costume that she would wear for 1 hour. So, I racked my brain trying to come up with something from clothes that we already have. 

And this is what I came up with:

Introducing: Ava the Ballerina. :)

We dressed her all up and then laughed and laughed, took about a million pictures and then laughed at ourselves for being such "new parents." 

The cute ballerina socks are from my Aunt Karen. She sent those to us right when we found out we were having a girl. I think it was our first "girly" thing. The tutu is from my friend in my ward, Vanessa. She gave it to me as a baby shower gift. The super cute flower clipped to her headband is handmade by my friend, Amy. It all came together so perfectly! Thank you everyone! :)

I LOVE watching Ava grow and learn a little every day. She is awake a tiny bit more during the day now and when she is awake, she is SO happy (until she gets hungry, and then it's DRAMA) haha. She is starting to smile in response to us! I love watching her whole face light up as a big grin spreads across her face. She is also starting to coo. The other night, Bryson would talk and talk and talk to her and she would coo in response. It was the absolute cutest thing I have ever seen. 

Check out that baby grin:

Her daddy LOVES her so much!

Even Ava thought her costume was funny haha. 

We went to our ward's Halloween party. Ava was asleep when we got there and Bryson the loud music woke her up. :) She looked SO confused when she woke up and I definitely think it was sensory overload for my sweet 1-month old haha. It was great to see everyone again - it feels like it has been FOREVER since I've been out and social! I really love our ward! 

Ava spent the day wearing her cute "My First Halloween" outfit from Grandma Becky. She had the cutest little Halloween socks and everything. 

It was a great day! :) We love you, Ava cakes! 

Happy Halloween!!!


1 comment:

Jenni Rollins said...

First Halloweens are great, but 2nd Halloweens are even better! We took Ashlynne trick-or-treating for her first time and she LOVED it.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)