Monday, October 17

On my own...

Today, my Dad and my brother left. 

All of a sudden, my apartment is empty and so quiet. 

I'm not going to lie, I felt a tiny bit of panic as they walked out the door...can I really do this alone?! 

My dad was SO incredibly helpful while he was here. He definitely spoiled me and took such GREAT care of baby Ava. Every morning after I would feed Ava around 8am, he would take her, bounce and rock her, put her to sleep and then watch her and let me go back to sleep or take a shower and get dressed. It was truly a HUGE help and blessing to get just a couple extra hours of sleep every morning! Throughout the week, I watched him calm her and put her to sleep with ease and learned many new "techniques" of taking care of and soothing my baby girl. What a wonderful grandpa! :) 

He made many delicious meals, did dishes, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, replaced the blinker bulb in my car, took me grocery shopping, and helped keep my house semi-orderly (baby stuff has taken over our entire apartment!). 

My dad also helped me learn how to get out of the apartment with a newborn in tow haha. Does it sound pathetic that I needed help doing that? It was nice having him here to help me pack the diaper bag, make sure we had everything, carry the car seat and figure out the stroller, figure out how to put the car seat on the shopping cart and so much more! 

Thank you Dad! 

So, today was the first day that I was truly "on my own." Of course, I'm not actually alone...I have my Ava. My sweet, squishy cheeked, soft, fuzzy-haired Ava who I love so much! Today, I slept for a couple hours while she was sleeping and then she was awake for about an hour in the afternoon. She just hung out with me, happy as can be, sat on my lap and looked around, taking it all in. What a sweetie! 




Then, I put her in her crib for the first time (just for fun haha) and turned on the cute music box thing that Bryson's Aunt Harmony gave us. She just stared at it...completely mesmerized!

Ohh my gosh, I am in love. :)

Now I can start my countdown for when Granny, Papa, Auntie and Karley come! :) Can't wait!

4 comments:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Your day sounds a lot like mine :) I wish we could let our little girls hang out together!!!

Maddy said...

she is so sweet! i remember feeling a little overwhelmed when everyone left, but you can do it! no one knows your little girl like you. and soak up those sweet newborns sounds, they grow too fast!

she's beautiful!!!

Chelsy Rae said...

she is perfect. I'm glad your first day went well! You are such a good mom! I love it! also I love the grey's anatomy in the background of the first video hahaha

Jenni Rollins said...

Feel so grown up? =)

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)