Wednesday, October 26

I'm a believer!

I believe in the power of swaddling haha. 

I'm really not kidding. 

Ava sleeps SO much better, quieter and longer when she is swaddled. 

We have a couple of those "SwaddleMe" things and a "Woombie" and LOVE them, as well as those nice stretchy blankets. Bryson is an EXPERT swaddler - much better than me! I love to ask him, "Honey, will you do me a favor and swaddle the baby?" when I am done nursing. I think he is secretly proud of his super-power swaddling techniques. :)

Sometimes Ava will seem annoyed when we first swaddle her...she will grunt and try to wiggle her arms free. But then the magic happens and she falls asleep so quickly and stays asleep much longer than when her hands are free. A few times I will hear her waking up from a nap only to see she has wiggled one of her hands out and she's moving her hand all over the place, scratching her face and everything...which is what was waking her up. So, I will tuck her arm back in her blanket and she falls back asleep instantly. 

This is my little nugget all nice and cozy, swaddled in her little SwaddleMe thing.

Also, Ava has been SMILING lately! I caught one on camera on my iphone. Ignore my annoying "Hiii, Hiii there."hahaha


2 comments:

Jenni Rollins said...

Glad swaddling works for you - Ashlynne hated it! =)

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I agree. Sophia likes to get her arms free, but she also sleeps much better when she's swaddled.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)