Sunday, October 2

Baby Ava

One day old - In the hospital
Ava really seems to be the best baby I could possibly ask for. I don't know what is "normal" for newborns, so maybe everything about her is normal...but I feel lucky to have such a great baby! :)

Her first night, she slept in 3 hour increments and woke up with a soft cry each time to feed and then went right back to sleep. Last night, she slept for 2 hours, woke up to nurse and then slept for 5 hours straight. She's a great eater - that's for sure! She nurses for an hour at a time - she just can't get enough! The day we left the hospital, she slept the whole day once we got home and wouldn't even wake up to eat, which made me feel like such a bad mom because I couldn't feed my baby enough haha! She must have had a traumatic day with all the poking and prodding that they did before discharging her and she just needed to sleep and sleep. She has definitely made up for it since and eats like a champ. :) She hardly cries at all...just when we are changing her because she is cold.

We just like to sit and stare at her as she sleeps. She makes the cutest little lip movements and little squeaks and sighs as she sleeps. Of course, we think every tiny movement is just "the cutest thing ever." haha. I love her soft baby skin, her sweet puckering lips and her tiny, perfect hands.

The hardest part for me about having a baby is the recovery process. I am amazed by those women who have a baby and 3 days later are out and about, looking amazing. That is definitely not the case for me haha. I am slowly starting to feel better and I can walk semi-normally again (haha)...but wow, a woman's body goes through so much during pregnancy and delivery, it's amazing. I feel like a deflated ballon in some spots, but like an over-filled water ballon in others haha and just sore in a million other places. TMI? haha Sorry.

Well, we love her. I feel like she is already growing too fast. I want her to be a newborn forever. But, it will be so fun to watch her grow. :) We love you Miss Ava Loo. :)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally understand the recovery process! I felt just like you! I had a friend who delivered her baby 2 weeks before I did and when she brought me a meal, about 4 days after I had had Ellie, she was already wearing her normal jeans! not to mention walking perfectly too! =) Just take your time and let your body do it's thing! It's pretty amazing to go from no baby, housing a baby, to no baby again and how our bodies handle it! Good luck!

Elise said...

I agree with the above post - just take your time. I remember I couldn't even get into the car without help for a few days. I had to take things slow and I'm so glad I did. A couple girls in my ward tried to speed up the process themselves and now they'll always have to have C-section babies. Enjoy this time to sleep and recover. Can't wait to hear the birth story!!

Jenni Rollins said...

The newborn stage is wonderful, fun, and sweet. But every stage after it is amazing as well. It's so fun to see your baby grow and learn new stuff. It's crazy how quickly they pick up everything.

And take your time with recovery. Your body has its own timeline, so even if they say you should be able to go running at 6 weeks, and you still hurt, just be patient =). But who knows? You may have the quickest recovery on record. It just depends on your body. =) Love you and so excited for all your fun moments as a mom!

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)