Wednesday, September 28

Tonight's the Night!

It is Wednesday morning and I just go the call from my doctor to tell me that she has moved my induction date to TONIGHT!! Originally, she had told me that Wednesday (9 days overdue) was "too soon" and that Labor and Delivery would "never be okay with doing it that early." Early?! Excuse me, what? haha. SO, we had scheduled a Friday evening induction (11 days overdue) because that was the only thing available (nothing on Thursday), but she told me that I could call Labor and Delivery on Tuesday and see if anyone had cancelled their inductions for Thursday and left an opening for me. (Are you following?? haha) So I called on Tuesday (yesterday) and they told me that they only openings they had were for Wednesday but that I would have to call my doctor and then she would have to approve. Well, it just so happened that my doctor was "out of the office" for the afternoon and I could not contact her until the next morning (this morning). I emailed her, left her an "urgent message" through the advice line of the hospital, AND called her directly asking her to approve a Wednesday induction. I was convinced that she would never be okay with a Wednesday induction (being "too early" and all), but decided that it doesn't hurt to TRY. Well, this morning, she called me and said, "Okay, call Labor and Delivery tonight at 5:00pm and they will tell you when to come in." I jumped up and squealed, "TONIGHT??" She laughed, "Yes, tonight." Then I said "thank you" about a billion times, hung up the phone and screamed with excitement!

SO, we will see how it goes! For some reason, I have it in my mind that it's still too good to be true. I am half expecting to call Labor and Delivery tonight and have them say, "Oh, nothing is available for you...come back in 2 weeks." haha. I can't imagine actually going in and getting things rolling...it still seems so out of reach! It's very surreal. It's actually kind of nice knowing that it's happening tonight...we can slowly get the apartment in order (or not, since I have been meticulously cleaning and doing laundry every day for the last week in anticipation ha), make sure we have everything we need in the hospital bags, install the car seat base, take showers and naps, and all that good stuff.

Bryson came home early from work, my mother-in-law extended her stay for another week (she is amazing) and we're just waiting until 5:00 rolls around so we can call Labor and Delivery and see when they want us to come in. Our baby girl will be here sometime tonight or tomorrow morning! September 28th or 29th - those are good birthays! :) I am excited, nervous, happy, scared, anxious, ecstatic...all rolled into one. Here we go....

Thing I am looking forward to doing once I am no longer pregnant:

  • Loving on my baby girl (obviously)
  • Eating Subway (no lunch meat while pregnant), Sushi, and things like feta cheese on my pasta
  • No more heartburn!!
  • Sleeping on my stomach and back
  • People talking to my face rather than my belly haha
We looooooooooove you baby, can't wait to squeeze those baby bunns! See you soon!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

YAY!!!!! How exciting!! Funny thing, I told Ty eating Subway was one of the first things I am going to do as well. :) Enjoy everything! And.... CONGRATS!!!

Elisabeth A. said...

Wahooo!!! That is so exciting :) I am so happy for you! Good luck with labor & delivery. I know it seems scary- but a woman's body is made to have a baby!

Jessie said...

Good luck, Ashley! I'm excited to see pictures of your little one.

Adri and Russ Lee said...

ASHLEY! I'm sorry I texted you while you were giving BIRTH! I'm soo excited! I'm also anxious to hear if you really went in at 5:00 and had her an hour and 45 minutes later!!!!

Jenni Rollins said...

So so awesome! And while recovery takes a little while, I have to tell you - laying on your back and stomach again are HEAVENLY. =) Your baby is so stinkin' cute. I can't wait to hear what you name her.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)