Saturday, September 10

The Waiting Game

39 weeks
I can't believe I can say that the baby is due in a week give or take a couple days! Who knows when she will actually come, but it's getting SO close! 

So, at 39 weeks...I am feeling great! I know she could come at any time, so I am enjoying sleeping in and being spontaneous while I can. :) At my doctor's appointment on Thursday, I had gained more weight than I care to share BUT luckily, the number does fall in the lowest end of the recommended weight gain. Every girl knows you will gain weight during pregnancy, but it still isn't easy to see those numbers towards the end haha. They are numbers you have avoided your whole life and all of a sudden...BAM, there they are. :) I also have been incredibly lucky make it to 39 weeks without a single stretch mark. I check every morning, just knowing that they will probably show up the day she decides to come haha. Bryson and I have 2 names picked out and we're ready to see her cute little face and know that once we see her we can make our decision. :)

 Bryson and I went to our last class at the hospital the other night and the teacher asked us all to introduce ourselves and answer a few questions. One of the questions was "Is your house ready for the baby?" Everyone else at the class was 28 or 30 weeks along and they all said, "Nooo." They all kind of gasped a little when they heard I was 38 1/2 weeks along and laughed when I said "Yes, we are ready...hospital bags are packed and everything!" 

Tonight we went to a movie, realizing this could be one of the last movies we see as a "childless" couple. Crazy!

I finally made some "freezer meals." I have just been freezing half of what we are having for dinner each night, but at least that's a meal in the freezer. :) I think I've made 3 so far...with plans to make 2 more. We'll see. 

My mother-in-law will be here in 6 days! Can't wait! 

And now it's just waiting, waiting, waiting. 

And for your viewing pleasure: some awkward, "I'm bored" pictures. :) 
What do you do with too much free time??


1 comment:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Cute picture. I also can't believe you're getting so close! I remember when we were talking about if we would EVER get pregnant. :)

I think it's funny that I just wrote a blog post (but haven't posted yet because I need to take a picture first) about how strange it is to see the pounds adding up during pregnancy. I even used the word, "BAM" like you did. We're just twins.

I wish you were here so we could shop together. I need to get so much for the baby still and keep wishing I had someone else who's pregnant to go with me.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)