Monday, September 5

The Story of A Bear

The other day I received a package in the mail. Under the brown paper packaging was a brown shoe box and inside the shoe box was a sweet note explaining the contents of the box. This box was from my aunt; my mom's identical twin sister. She explained that 10 years ago after my mom passed away, my  dad sent her some of my mom's clothes. My aunt then took my mom's favorite pajama bottoms and made them into this little stuffed bear. I remember my mom wearing these pajama pants and I am in LOVE with the fact that my baby girl can snuggle up with something that was belonged to my mom. I know she will cherish this as much as I do. She also had one of my mom's dresses made into a tiny, sweet jumper for the baby. It is SO cute and I just LOVE it! Thank you, thank you, thank you Auntie! 


Here are a few other details in the baby's room, which is finally done. Or at least as done as it's going to get before she arrives. :)




We already LOVE you so much baby girl! We can't wait to meet you!



4 comments:

~*Heather*~ said...

How awesome is the bear and jumper?! So sweet. Can't wait for your baby girl!! Her room looks better than mine! haha

Jenni Rollins said...

I never knew about your mom, Ashley. That's so wonderful that your aunt did that. Such a sweet heart-warming story...

The Egans said...

What a sweet gift! So excited we are having babies within a week or two of each other! Who would have thought! good luck!! xo

jen said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard.

Blog Archive

Labels

apartment (2) Ava (30) baby (29) baby #2 (1) birth (1) birthdays (1) blog (1) Bryson (4) California (2) cooking (2) family (2) furniture (2) Grandma Lisa (1) holidays (3) iPhone (1) Jayson (2) Kaitlyn (3) marriage (1) Mom (4) months (2) pregnancy (23) recipes (2) San Francisco (3) sewing (8) sisters (1) sports (1) Temple (1) Utah (2) vacation (2) video (13)